Behind the Bar

A Locals Design Guide to Bars, Restaurants, and Lounges.



Gimme More!

Koh Samui & the Monkey

Neighborhood: SOMA
415 Brannan St(between 3rd St & Ritch St)
San Francisco, CA 94107

In The Know: Right of the bat I knew I was going to love this design. It isn't like every other restaurant that is street level; you actually have to go up a small flight of stairs to get there. (Its not that it is the only restaurant that is like this in SF but I haven't blogged on those places yet so outta sight, outta mind - at least for now so back off!) It is great as far as restaurants go because you feel better than everyone else when you are looking down upon all the other restaurant minions...muahahahaha....
Behind The Bar: A sexy tattoo, slick haired, beautiful eyed, pirate looking chap. Please don't mistake the mention of this pirate with the SF's infamous pirate (General Lee -*picture soon to come) that works (ed) at the Beauty Bar. Oh, no no no. He is a much cleaner cut and of the more delicious variety. However...

Who's Who: Other than the aforementioned pirates' shipmates at the bar, I saw two after work ladies and a group of diners in their mid 30's (ish). Not a whole lot to work with. Let me paint you a picture of what kinda crowd I can imagine would frequent this kinda joint...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'd drink that boring pirate's grog any day... Weren't we talking to him about my dad's mustache at some point? That's random.

Sheyna Greenamyer said...

Yes. I am pretty sure within the first 7 min of being at the bar we progressed to discussions of your fathers mustache with that sexy swash buckling swine.

Nob Hill Forreal said...

Although the company was divine...this place just didnt do it for me.
Then again, bearded hipster pirates just arent my "type".