Behind the Bar

A Locals Design Guide to Bars, Restaurants, and Lounges.

Hello Family, Friends, Acquaintances, People I hardly know, and People I hardly care to know!

I am just a few short hours away from my European adventure and would like to extend a artificial invitation to all! Yes, you are cordially invited to read/view my debaucherous follies through at least 5 different cities. This was very much a last minute trip, i.e. a dear friend of mine Google chatted me about a week ago telling me how ditching the U.S. and spending almost 2:1 in foreign currency is the new black. I just couldn't say no to that kind of pillow talk now could I.

The plan: fly into Prague (that is actually as far as we got with our "plan"). The mission: drink myself through as many bars/restaurants/pubs/taverns/bistros/saloons as possible and report back. The percentage of me actually reporting back: high 47%.

I will try and post as much as possible however as much as I love to express my cynical views of design and people, I would much rather spend my time exploring the terrain. Who knows, I might have to turn my SF blog into an international design blog.

See everyone in a month.....maybe ;)

p.s. The head shot I used above was taken when I was a wee lil tote. I found it fitting for my extravaganza because it was the only one showcasing my pretty amazing mullet. I can't believe I had such a keen euro-fashion sense even as a child. And for those of you who noticed, yes that is my 'taking over the world' face. Europe has no idea what their in for. Cheers!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

that map is hilarious.

Nob Hill Forreal said...

i wont hang out with you unless you come back with the exact same mullet.

Sheyna Greenamyer said...

I plan on returning sporting only the most recent fashion trends Europe has to offer. So far that mullet is the front runner.