Behind the Bar

A Locals Design Guide to Bars, Restaurants, and Lounges.

District
Neighborhood: SOMA
216 Townsend St (at 3rd St)
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 896-2120
http://www.districtsf.com/

If you have ever met me or know anything about me, you would have already guessed that this spot encapsulates pretty much everything I love. Dominating brick walls (originals no doubt), structurally sound metal/wood beams soaring overhead, finished off with dramatic wood accents all over. Ya, pretty 'oh my' worthy.

In the Know: The closest to intimate setting in a not so intimate place. Purely the size alone can be fairly intimidating but all in all the designers did an excellent job getting the rustic, wine lounge theme across. I might have added a few more colors to the palate, perhaps a purple of sorts. It does work, however, going more monochromatic because now you could focus more on the hanging art installations.

Behind the Scene: A very nice bartender had nothing bad to say about the place other than the lack of ventilation. I agree, sweating over my $13 glass of wine was not all it cracked up to be. Should have ordered a white wine.

Who's Who: Recommended for the upper escalon of folks. What this means to you... if you work in SOMA/downtown area and have a nice job, take your friends out for a drink. If you happen to find you are close to this location yet painfully unemployed, and lacking in the friend department, go here for one beer to see what it is you are missing and continue on with the rest of your adventures.

Gimme more!

1 comments:

Nob Hill Forreal said...

As a non-designer, this place just feeeeeels good.

I ask myself however, why have I not been back?